Do you ever feel like an emotional ping-pong ball?
Do you have a hard time dealing with life’s emotional ups and downs?
Do you suffer from depression or anxiety?
Highly sensitive people have a particularly difficult time handling the emotional complexities of daily life. Not because they are weak, but because they notice everything!
Herbal Remedies And Emotional Resilience
Emotional resilience is challenging for anyone except the most hardened person.
In our big and complicated world, emotional openness and compassion do come with a price, however. We often get bogged down and even ill particularly if we are highly sensitive people.
One way to improve the situation is to take herbal remedies that chelp us be more emotionally healthy. Here are some that can do that for you.
Brahmi is one of the most important herbs for the brain. It is one of the natural herbs known as adaptogens. An adaptogen is “…an herb product that…increase(s) resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety and fatigue.”
According to Clarocet‘s reference library, Bacopa benefits are clear in four areas:
- improved capacity for attention and focus,
- improved ability to withstand emotional stress
- reduction in nervousness and anxiety
- improved immune system function.
Brahmi is unusual in that it helps the left and right hemispheres of the brain to work together, improves all aspects of mental functioning and helps us deal with stress.
Ashwaghandha, like brahmi, is a restorative herb and adaptogen, which means it helps the body handle stress. making it very helpful for highly sensitive people.
- It increases strength, protecting and enhancing the energy of the body which can be debilitated by stress and fatigue in highly sensitive people.
- It supports the immune system and adrenal functioning. Adrenal fatigue is often a consequence of long term stress and can result in many other physical ailments including allergies and obesity. Natural Herbs Guide cites a study which found that ashwagandha’s large number of antioxidents support the immune system and help with healthy aging.
- Ashwaghandha helps stabilize blood sugar and supports the liver as well as the adrenals. Blood sugar levels can be adversely affected by chronic stress, a problem that HSP’s need to be aware of.
- According to Ashwagandha Benefits, some people use it to minimize the effects of: chemotherapy, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, stress-induced ulcers and osteo and rheumatoid arthritis.
Arjuna is the Ayuvedic herb for the heart. It heals many heart conditions:
- congestive heart disease
- cardiac arrhythmia
- cholesterol levels
In Ayurveda, the heart is not just a part of the physical body. It is also the seat of emotional health. Therefore, arjuna strengthens the heart and support emotional health.
Arjuna helps heal a “broken heart” which makes it a valuable herb for highly sensitive people, who suffer acutely from emotional disappointments and injury.
Becoming Emotionally Healthy
Being emotionally healthy comes from good health habits. HSP’s need to be careful about their work and social environments to minimize the chances of emotional injury.
Since it is not possible to control everything, these three herbs will help any HSP to cope better with the emotional demands of their environments.
NOTE: HSP Health has an affiliate relationship with LifeSpa.
[contentcards url=”http://www.sensitiveevolution.com/emotional-healing-body/” target=”_blank”]