The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club
The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club
A Movie And Discussion Community Exclusively For Sensitive People And Empaths
The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club provides sensitive people with an opportunity to connect their raw energetic experience with the world through the experiential learning offered by movies. Movies have it all in the sense that they show us the interaction of different people, mindsets, emotions and approaches to life. They help us process issues around identity, connection, risks and possibilities. They can free us from misconceptions by challenging beliefs and showing us new possibilities. They can inspire us to develop more aspects of ourselves, become more whole by showing us people who have explored hidden parts of themselves and now live from a more integrated and whole self. They also can help us learn more about ourselves when we see others who are like us.
Movies can help us process our own inner energetic "knots" by showing us alternatives or wiser ways of using our energy. In a world that is changing and making new demands, in a world that is as stressed as ours is in human and ecological terms, in a world that is yearning for a new way of being, anything we can do to process energetic information and free our energy to be present and part of the world reimagining of itself is helpful. Movies are a great tool for such processing.
Movies help us reimagine our lives. They help us try something out in our minds and therefore minimize fear-based risk as we make changes. As a result, in these challenging, changing times, as the world reimagines itself we can then be present and participate as we all work to find greater contentment and joy.
How Does This Work?
Of course we all can watch movies on our own. So what is the Emerging Sensitive Movie Club do differently?
- The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club provides the movies (free to members) - 2 per month. The movies are selected to highlight the sensitive experience, offer insight into emotions as sources of truth and strength, and invite inspiration for change in ourselves and the world at a very challenging time for all of us. The community includes a suggestion box for making topic and movie suggestions.
- The community also provides a live discussion event for each movie so that you can share your experiences and insights with others. The program includes some "jump-start" questions for the movie discussion calls to make participation easier.
- In addition to the movie, each month you receive additional information highlighting and exploring the theme of the movies, offering inspiring new ideas and demonstrations of new approaches to living.
- At various times you will be able to listen to interviews with sensitive people sharing their experiences and insights and also authors, artists and cultural creatives.
- The community includes special interest groups for connecting, sharing and discussion ex: HSS, HSE, Sensitive Men etc.
- You can also explore the courses on Connection, Work, and Culturescape, a course on our process of cultural change. They will support you in embracing and adapting to a new connection and collaboration culture.
The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club is designed to help you not only connect with others and explore identity but also to explore new possibilities for being out in the world at a time of great change. Connection is important and something we all desire. However, if we connect from a place of fear we are not providing ourselves the best experience we can have for ourselves and others. So if we connect with others through identity, experience and values then life will generally work better for us. If we take it a step further and let our imaginations serve our connection with others and help us with cultural change then we will be cooking with gas.
The Path Beyond Our Wounds
We all experience difficulties in life. Being sensitive often means we have experienced trauma in our lives, which we then grapple with to understand and transcend. It is not an easy task. For many therapy and therapeutic modalities provide some relief and healing. However we need more.
We need to think and know that life can be good. Intellectually we can see good around us so that part is not so difficult. However, how do we create this for ourselves?
The good life has been defined for so long as a kind of package even a product, something you buy or own. That may have worked for a time. However, right now ideas about living well are being challenged and as a result we are rewriting our ideas about life as a new cultural system emerges from one that is obsolete.
This is not politics. This is the reality that all cultural systems, like people, have life cycles. Cultures come in to being to solve a problem - in the case of capitalism it was created to solve material deficiencies which were leading to plagues and other major issues. Created at a time of amazing natural resource abundance, capitalism has brought us much but now that the basic problem is solved we need to deal with the fallout especially the damage to health: environmental, social and human. So a new cultural system is being created and has been underway for some time to do just that.
How does this help with our wounding? If you follow the unfolding of human progress, what you will discover that you are connecting with an unfolding good. Connecting with the good, not as a fixed ideal but as an unfolding in our lives and the world around us is a way to find our path into the good of life from whatever negative experience we had. We can follow it as a pathway so we can have a different and nourishing experience and contribute to the world in a nurturing way. Connecting with the unfolding good, letting ourselves be inspired by it, finding our contribution and connecting with others doing the same, puts our lives back in our control without being over controlled and also lets us connect with others.
Connecting with the unfolding good helps us create healing opportunities in our lives by being a part of the world's healing in a conscious way. Through movies, new information about inspiring efforts, and sharing our own insights and experienced, we can created healing opportunities for ourselves and others.
What Is The Role Of Connection?
There is always unfolding going on and movies help us connect with it. Even if you are simply noticing seasons, you are noticing unfolding. We are all a part of whatever unfolding is going on, although we may not be fully conscious of it. So much work over the past 50-100 years has been done on investigating patterns so that people can be more conscious in how they participate in the unfolding of life. As sensitive people, we connect with this unfolding energetically but do not always know what we are seeing.
Movies are a great way for us to notice unfolding, what is going on, how well individuals are meeting the moment, and responding to the unfolding needs being presented to them. They can alleviate the effects of marginalization that many sensitive people have by expanding our energetic experience through the experience of viewing a story on the screen. They help us imagine ourselves in the unfolding of the movie and how we would approach it. How would we want to show up? Would our sensitive gifts made a difference in the story? Were there missed opportunities in the story? Was there any dysfunction and what skills or attitudes would have made a difference?
The unfolding of life and the universe is always about reimagining. David Whyte eloquently describes the process of living as the conversational nature of reality; we can connect with it by participating as mindfully as possible in the unfolding going on around us. When we do this we start to allow our wounds their place as pointers toward new directions as we reclaim our part in the conversation of life.
This conversational nature of life used to be a natural way of being. The unfolding nature of things found its way into myths and origin stories of the past. In Aboriginal dot paintings like the ones above and to the left, circles represent meeting places and connection. Every dot in the circle and elsewhere represents a part of the larger ecology of the tribe and the world. Every dot has a role in the unfolding of life. .
Connection is a big deal in tribal cultures and has an important role in how their culture is organized. The natural vulnerability of tribal cultures permits a degree of connection we have lost in modern times - a loss that sensitive people feel deeply. Today, when people use the word connection they generally mean connecting socially with others but we can recapture that deeper form of connection that helps us live from a greater wholeness. When you are marginalized it may seem difficult to do, but movies is one way we can connect our energetic experience with the world. Since sensitive people need to consider safety, movies are a constructive way to stretch with gentle deep dives to integrate more aspects of the self.
Connection offer us so much. Full embodied connection, the connection that sensitive people experience, provides us the opportunity to:
- listen to and owning our energies so that we live from an informed and conscious spontaneity.
- tune in to the evolutionary flow of the universe as it manifests around and through us.
- enlist all the different ways of knowing in support of our best selves contributing constructively to the world.
- integrate both the short-term and long-term in a constructive way of relating and working.
- develop the skills of inclusiveness that support open-mindedness and improve creative skills.
- open to the ecological nature of the world so we can live in a constructively interdependent way.
- live from a spirit of friendship and joy in relating to ourselves, each other and the human and natural world.
Connection: The Easiest Way To Harness And Trust Your Sensitivity
The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club is a special place for sensitive people who want to connect their nature and their gifts confidently to embrace a larger role in a changing world.
By connecting sensitive energy, observations and experience with the contexts of the human and natural world through conceptual patterns and the lived experience of movies, we can gain a productive clarity and useful bridge to the world. Our sensitivity develops into a unique sophistication and skill that can transform our lives and the lives of others. And most importantly, we can trust ourselves and we know why.
To achieve this important clarity and sophistication, the Sensitive Movie Club provides sensitive people and empaths with:
- insights and distinctions from movies, discussion and innovative thinkers that activates our inner wisdom and strength.
- insights from sensitive people on how to turn the natural gifts of sensitivity into a gift to the world.
- information about inspiring and positive initiatives in the new communally-oriented Caring Culture which offers healthier and more rewarding opportunities for sensitive people.
- the ability to get your "sea legs" around the cultural transformation taking place.
- the opportunity to develop creative and collaborative skills and potentials.
- an open forum for addressing issues around risk and change.
- skills and tools for the conversations of work and life.
- space for the support and camaraderie we need for the journey.
This is a place to discover your voice and use it in a constructive and ecological way so that your sensitivity becomes the gift it was meant to be. Check us out below.
We would love to have you join us.
Connect The Dots With Insights
Develop a strong discernment through insights and distinctions which lead to naturally constructive boundary setting and decision making.
Connect And Learn From Other Sensitive People
Sensitive people sometimes think their uniqueness is a hindrance. Learn how other sensitive people have turned their sensitivity into an asset and created successful lives.
Connect And Reclaim Your Energies
We develop some aspects of ourselves and not others as we learn to survive in the world. Discover overlooked potentials and embrace them skillfully.
Connect In Creative And Collaborative Ways
The world is becoming more collaborative which offers sensitive people fresh self-honoring ways of being in the world. Learn more about how to work collaboratively with others.
Connect Vision And Imagination
Connecting experience, vision and imagination helps you be grounded and positive freeing your mind and your creative potential.
Connect Deep Processing With Problem Solving Skills
Become conscious about risk to turn sensitivity to nuance and deep processing into the extremely valuable gifts they are and become confident about what you offer the world.
Connect To Evolutionary People And Pathways
Massive shifts are taking place in the human world. Learn from people who are pioneers in these new ways of living and working.
Connect With Sensitive People Around The World
Connect with other sensitive people from around the globe who like you are also discovering a richer and larger role in the world.
Life Inside The Club
Many Opportunities For Friendship, Support, And Learning
The Emerging Sensitive Movie Club offers so many different ways of connecting with other sensitive people and learning together. Each person can be as engaged and active as suits them
Each Month's Program
Every month we will offer a unique Question Of The Month. Essentially we are doing an exploratory dive on an interesting topic related to being sensitive in the world.For instance, our first month we are looking at how to be more open in the world with the movie Field Of Dreams, a model of the behaviors for open and closed ways of living and other insights from people creating change.
For instance, our first month we are looking at how to be more open in the world with the movie Field Of Dreams, a model of the behaviors for open and closed ways of living and other insights from people creating change.
Each month will include:
- 1 movie provided in the community around the monthly question and other topics
- 1 live discussion call related to the movies with questions to stimulate your thinking and participation.
- articles that explore some facet of the question of the month
- stories, videos and other materials as that offer us insights
- introduction to an important aspect of the emerging, communally-oriented Caring Culture
In addition, you will have full access to all the open groups and topics to explore whatever you want as well as the courses on Connection, Work and Culturescape. You can meet and connect with members of the Emerging Sensitive Program and others from around the world. We all become friends and we hope will join us.
Life Can Be An Adventure. Ready For Yours?
- 2 weeks trial
- Gifting Available
- Access to the community 24/7 and its 3 courses: Connection, Work For Sensitive People, and Culturescape.
- Monthly Movies And Live Discussions
- Free app.
- Cancel at any time
The Emerging Sensitive Community
An Easy Way To Learn and Have Fun With Fellow Sensitives!