“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
December Discussion Calls
La La Land
Link To The Movie
We will be exploring these questions on our discussion call:
- How do you feel about the opening scene?
- In what ways are dreams individual or group based?
- What does the physicality of the movie convey that words cannot?
- How do the movie's characters, Sebastian and Mia, get validation for their dreams and what difference does that make?
- What do we need to give ourselves permission to dream?
- How do we get the exuberance that these dreamers have?
- What do we learn about the difficulties of dreaming?
- What is kind of energy does Mia's boyfriend, Greg and his family have?
- How important is romance?
- What is the relationship between passion and romance?
- What is the relationship between gratitude and passion and the ability to be all-in about something?
- Is there a relationship between passion and integrity? What do you think it might be?
- What is worth giving up for your dreams?
- What is worth risking for your dreams?